Friday, December 2, 2016

Midterm Project 3D chess set





Hello again, fellow viewers. I bring you my midterm project. As you can read from the title, it is a chess board. But, this is no ordinary chess board like I did two years ago. This is a three dimensional chess board, it has 3 4x4 levels and 4 2x2 levels. It is most famous for being in Star Trek played by the crew. But now I will talk about how I built this beautiful tridimensional chess board. First, I used cubes to make the chess board themselves and having them be close together to form the levels of the chess board. I first created the 2x2 levels and then used those to create the 4x4 levels. I then added cylinders for the 2x2 levels to be over the 4x4 levels. I then used a cube to create the base and cylinders to hold up the levels. I then added a light and glass textures to give it detail. Finally, I added in the chess pieces which Mr. Clausen gave us. And they are aewsome, because they are Pokémon chess pieces and I decided to use them. I scaled them up and made two sets. One being blue glass and the other being clear. I then added in global illumination and turned it in. Thank you all that support my blog by reading my posts and I will have another post up in two weeks and in the mean time. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment