Friday, December 2, 2016

M2 Browing




Hello fellow viewers. I know that I do not post 
until Friday, but I finished this project early and decided to show it off. This is the M2 Browning .50 caliber heavy machine gun. I was surprised that it did not take me that long, but, I guess that I am used to getting things done in one week. But here is how I built the thing. I first started out with a single cube and got to the shape of the gun to make it look good. next, I added in sights by using cylinders and cubes for this. Next, I built the cocking mechanism to lock the belt in place and fire off the rounds. I used a cube to boole in another cube to create a slide for the handle to be pulled back easily. Finally, I created the barrel of the gun. I first created a thick cylinder and created the outer part where there is air cooling to cool of the barrel. I used cylinders and multiple booles and then used a boole for the actual barrel where the bullet goes through. I next created the ammunition for the gun by creating the shell first with a spline and lathe nurbs. And then created the actual bullet and placing it in the shell. I created a can and belt to hold the ammunition and created the look of it stacked. Then I created legs for the gun and turned it in. Thank you guys who support my blog. Oh, by the way the reason I finished early is because I ad my friend are going to create a graveyard scene for Halloween. It will be posted on Halloween. So don't miss it. Anyway, goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment