Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Pencil Artist



Today, I have finished my pencil project in 3D animation. It is very beautiful to look at, but here are the steps I took, to create this. First, I made the pencil, by creating a cylinder and making the famous hexagon shape, then I made another cylinder and added a cone in it to make a boole. Then I added it to the pencil to give it the sharpened look. Then I extended it and cut it in half. Then I made the graphite tip with a graphite color. I then added a wood texture to the pencil to make it look like, it was sharpened. I then painted it a sand green. I then made the eraser by making a cylinder and making it slightly rounded. I then added the iconic pink color to the eraser. I then made the ferrule, which is the gold part that connects the eraser to the pencil. I connected the eraser to the ferrule, and used the knife tool to make cuts in the ferrule and extruded it inward. Then I added a hyper nurbs to the ferrule to make the famous rings on the ferrule. Finally, I made a metal texture and colred it gold to make it look like real gold. For the setup, I made a cup from a cylinder and added 7 copies of the pencil to the cup. Then I made three planes and put a pencil art texture on each of them. Then I added two more copies of the original pencil to each side of the pencil art, added a wood floor, an array light and rendered it with global illumination, which was the quickest global illumination ever and turned it for a grade. I will post whatever I make this week, or next week, but anyways, goodbye and have a happy, safe, and scary Halloween. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment