Friday, October 23, 2015

New and improved Chess set



Today, I have finished my chess set in class. I consists of a board, a floor, 16 pawns, 4 rooks, 4 knights, 4 bishops, 2 kings, and 2 queens. To make the pawn, I traced half of it and then used a lathe nurbs, to complete it and made 15 copies. Next, I made the knight by tracing half of the base and then using a lathe nurbs, next I traced the knight and added an extrude nurbs to finish it and made 3 copies. Then, I made the rooks, by tracing half of it and using a lathe nurbs, then I added a cube and extruded it and made a boole to make the turrets and made 3 copies. Next, I made the bishop by tracing half of it and using a lathe nurbs, then I created a cube and made a boole to create the slit in the bishop and made 3 copies. Then, I made the queen, by tracing half of it and then using a lathe nurbs and made 1 copy. Finally, I made the king, by tracing half of it and then using a lathe nurbs, finally I made the cross by tracing the cross and using an extrude nurbs on it and made 1 copy. I laid them out on the chess board in the correct order and added a glass texture clear and black. I made the chess board glass and the floor glass. Then I added an array light and global illumination and rendered it and had to wait 20 minutes. And then turned it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment