Monday, August 24, 2015

Fire poster

This piece is called the burning dragon. This is a fire poster that we worked on in class this week. There is also another poster that I will work on next, which is an ice poster which is the opposite of fire. I had to go through many steps to create this. First it was black and white flames painted with an orange color and turned into a sphere. I next added colored lines in and then I painted out the left side with black. Next, I added in a picture of a Skyrim dragon as a centerpiece. I put an orange glow around it and used a smoke brush. I next added in fire in the back and on the wings. I then put in stars in the background and used levels to make contrast of the image. Finally, I used a red color filler layer for the background with another color, using opacity brushes and blend modes and finally, I darkened the image with a 20% opacity on the corners and edges to draw your attention to the picture and the dragon, which is the focal point.

No comments:

Post a Comment