Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Car Tire and Chair



This week, I completed this car tire and chair. Sorry for the wait, my teacher Mr. Clausen is not here, so I had to make these under a substitute. Anyways, here are my projects. The image at the very top, is the car tire. I had to first make a cylinder and add segments and make it the shape of a tire. I then edited it and and had the two faces selected. I then used extrude, extrude inner, and bevel to make the faces smooth and look like a tire. I tried to do the next step and make the tire treads, but the program was outdated, so I did not so the step, instead I just added a black color to it, added a floor and two lights, rendered it and turned it in. Instead, it is a lego car tire, because it is smooth and lego is the largest tire manufacturer in the world. The next project that I did, was the chair that I sit in class. I made the actual chair part first, by tracing the shape and using a bezeir spline and an extrude nurbs. Then, I added the hole cut out in the chair for ventilation by tracing it with a bezeir spline and using an extrude nurbs I then used a boole, to, to make the hole. I then gave it a red color. I then made the legs, by using cylinders. 2 at the bottom of the chair to support the legs. I then made the legs by also using cylinders, but instead, I added a bend at the top to curve them and angled the legs. I then added the feet by using cylinders. I shrunk down a cylinder, to make the pegs to hold the feet and made the shell for the foot, out of a cylinder, shrunk down and had the height shrunken too. I then deleted the bottom of the shell and finally, added the actual foot out of a cylinder that was shrunken in the height and made the the caps smooth and put it under the shell. Finally, I added a chrome to the legs, pins, and shell and colored the feet a plastic white. I only made half of the legs, so I added the other half using a symmetry. And added a floor, and a light, rendered it and turned it in. Tomorrow, I have to take my final exam. Thank you, so much for waiting and please be patient for future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment