Friday, November 13, 2015

Logging truck



    Today, I have finished my logging truck project. The real toy truck, is wood and carries logs. To make it, I built the truck and the trailer separate, but I started with the truck first. All I got help from the teacher, were a few pictures of the front and back of the truck. The entire truck, is made entirely of separate individual shapes. There are cubes, cylinders, and tubes. But I started with the grill of the truck, by shrinking down a cube on the z axis. I then edited it and highlighted the areas I did not want on both sides to create the grill. Then I made the side panels and the engine hood.Then the fenders out of tubes, and then the wheels, which are made up of tubes and cylinders. Then I extruded part of the engine hood to make the inside of the truck. I then added the doors. And then incorporated the couch that I made earlier this year, as the seats in the truck. Then I added the steering wheel, which is made out of a cylinder. Then I added the other stuff on the truck and started to make the backside. I first made a cube, and made it longer and I filleted it to make smooth on the edges.And finally added the wheels and the part that hooks the trailer to the truck, which is a tire. Then, I made the trailer out of cubes, some parts I used the knife tool to make cuts in the object. I then added the wheels, and added on a wood texture. Then for the logs, I did not make them, but Mr. Clausen did, as a random act of kindness to the class. Finally, I made a shelf out of a cube and added a plane as a wall and added a light and set the rendering to global illumination and turned it in for a grade. My next project that I will post, will be pens that I am making currently, but anyways, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment